Friday, May 06, 2005

S-E-X

As you can see, I love to spell things out. *snickering*

Okay. Sex. Let me just say that I am truly enjoying writing this romance erotica. Truly. And with that being on the table, let me explain my dilemma.
I like it. A LOT.
*looking around and wondering if anyone is getting my meaning*
SIGH

Okay. I'll spell it out. During the sex scenes, I am all up in it. I mean WOO! In my other works, where sex was secondary, I was involved. But not to this extent. Sex is at least half this book. (BUT...if I took the sex out, it would still be a viable story. I had to check that out. It works.)

Back to the dilemma at hand. Does anyone else experience this? I mean, it's like reading my own Penthouse letters. And do erotica writers ever worry about someone getting a peek into their sex lives?
I can see people I know buying the book. Reading it. And thinking, "Damn! This is one naughty chick." hehehe

Seriously. I would love to know if other writers REALLY enjoy writing their sex scenes. Hell, you can post anonymous. It's just sex, folks.
Grins*

5 comments:

Crystal* said...

LMAO

Okay. Okay. I didn't mean like *wink wink* See page 30? That's autobiographical. :)~~
More like people's innate curiosity. I don't mind. I simply wondered if it ever crossed an erotica writer's mind.
Crystal*

Desperate Writer said...

You sound pretty horny to me. :) hehehe

I think the thought crosses ahy writer's mind that someone will think they are writing from experience. I have often thought--I'd better write good intimate scenes, or people will feel sorry for me that I don't know more about good sex if I write a bad one. :)

Regina Avalos said...

I don't have to post anonymous, like you said it is just sex, and yes I have had reactions from my own writing or reading other's writing. I think it might be natural. I read it somewhere. I think in the The Joy of Writing Sex. The author asked the other authors interviewed if this happened to them as well. Basically the author said it was okay to be aroused by your own wrting.

Rene said...

Oh, I love writing love scenes and if I don't get hot and bothered, there is something wrong. I don't write erotica, but I do write some pretty sexy stuff. However, these are not insights into my personal sex life. If they were, I'd need a chiropractor...all the time.

Anonymous said...

If you're not excited, then your readers won't be. Have fun, sounds like you're doing it right. LOL ...