Sunday, May 15, 2005

Put me in the zoo

Does anyone remember that book? It was Robert Lopshire, I believe. My youngest would read it OVER and OVER again. I loved it.
That was our surprise trip today. Took the chickens to the zoo. The Tulsa Zoo. We've never been there before. It was great fun. And if I didn't walk five miles, I'll eat my reeboks.
They had a lot of exhibits that the OKC Zoo doesn't have. And vice-versa. It was well worth the long trip to get there. Except, and you knew this was coming, I am TIRED!
We left the house around 9:30 a.m. Arrived back home at 6:45 p.m.

And tomorrow is more of the same ALL DAY stuff. ACK. Double ACK.
Tomorrow is house-goody shopping. Lots of plywood and 2 x 4's. Levels. Wonderful carpentry stuff like that. Oh. And Wal-Mart, of course. Sometimes I can't believe I quit working there. heh
I hope everyone's weekend was lovely. Mine FLEW by. I must go now. The toothpicks keeping my eyes open are beginning to give.
Grins*

6 comments:

Silma said...

I don't think there are any zoos that would take you or me. *lol*

Anonymous said...

My kids LOVED the zoo when I took them. :) My son just couldn't get over the fact that the animals were _real_.

Anonymous said...

We love zoos! But I'm with you...that many hours out of the house with the kiddos and I'm BEAT.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to a zoo in ages! Since we moved, I don't know if they have one here, but you reminded me to find out!

Anonymous said...

This made me want to take my kids to the zoo.

Crystal* said...

LOVE the zoo. Been to the OKC one hundreds of times. Such a fun, summer trip. Never to Tulsa. But now that we've been, we'll go back.
Silma: No doubt. LMAO
Tink: I have several. And I'm local. *grinning*
Crystal*