Monday, May 09, 2005

My Mother's Day

I'll be blogging twice today. Once to recap yesterday. And once for the blog which I couldn't get out of my head last night.

Yesterday, I didn't turn on the computer once. I didn't gaze at it longingly. I didn't even acknowledge its existence.
I took the kids to Wal-Mart and bought junk food. Yep. Junk food. I came home, made crab dip and cream cheese poppers, and played poker with the children. We bought poker chips and had a great time. Yes, I may be contributing to the delinquency of my minors, but they will tear it up in Vegas. LOL
I grew up playing friendly poker in my Grandma Bell's rumpus room. She had a poker table, bar, and all the neat accessories. And look how I turned out. *making mental note to hide poker chips and burn the cards now* hehehe
We watched a couple of those neat Discovery channel prehistoric shows. Walked three miles. Came home. Rested. Laughed. Make home-made pizzas. Let the kids eat ice-cream with anything they wanted in/on it. Let the kids bike down the road while I watched them. *You would not BELIEVE the number of trucks on our road yesterday* Finished all this with a beautiful rainbow in the sky. Not bad, eh?

Hope everyone's Mother Day was a wondrous occasion with little moments that marked the meaning of the day. And if you couldn't share the day with Mom, I hope the good memories kept you.
Grins*

2 comments:

Dana said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! That reminds me, I need to go post about my day on my blog.

Crystal* said...

Yep, ladies. This one was a keeper. I'll be checking out both your blogs.
Grins*