Saturday, May 06, 2006

My heroes have always been writers

Beth had something on her blog the other day about the 100 Most Beautiful People or whatever People Magazine puts out.
I used to really know what's what and who's who in Hollywood. I would die if I didn't have my subscription of US. I needed to KNOW what was going on there. Now? Not so much.

Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder. And aesthetically, we've all got different packaging. I can honestly say that if I saw George Clooney or Johnny Depp striding down the street, I wouldn't break my neck to look or follow them like a crazed fan. It's just not me.
If, however, it were Stephen King or Nora Roberts, I would embarrass myself terribly. *sigh*
Star status is also in the eye of the beholder. The big ta-do about the Locklear/Sambora/Richards/Sheen/Whoever debacle...who cares? Not I. These people don't even register on my radar.
But if Jude Devereaux were in town, well that would be another story.

These people may be attractive (or not), but that is not what attracts me. People are beautiful for all different sorts of reasons. The girls in the city who had their hair cut a day before prom for Locks of Love. The local television helicopter pilot who found a mentally impaired elderly man on the side of the road, landed in the field next to the car, and airlifted the man to the hospital. That is true beauty.

But writers are amazing people to me. There are auctions and charities going on right now. Brenda Novak has an auction to benefit Juvenile Diabetes research. Romantic Times will have a costume ball and silent auction for orphans of the tsunami.
We can do so much.

So yeah. Some of Hollywood does its part. And some are really great people. But there are so many people everyday that are beautiful, inside and out.
And my heroes will always be writers.
Grins*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said!!! :)