Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Alright, already!

I did receive my galley in the mail the other day for The Portrait. Now I need to go through and see if there are errors and whatnot.
This is the stage in the game where I'm rather sick and tired of my own words. That's exactly why I don't jack with my stories until they're assigned an editor. I'll self-edit one more time and then send them THAT copy. We edit together. Then I send it off to Head Editor. She goes over it. Loads it. Then I get a paperback to check out and make sure everything is copacetic.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE this story. The black moment is most excellent. My characters are interesting. But for crying out loud! I KNOW how it ends! *laughing*
I'm the type of person who doesn't read a lot of books twice. Same for movies. And if I perchance do...there will be LOADS of time between such occasions. So this final editing, while necessary, drives me nuts.

I picked up The Barefoot Princess by Christina Dodd. I'm only a couple of pages in. It's okay. Hopefully I'll finish it by Sunday and give everybody the lowdown. So far, not impressed. But the book is young. Anything can happen.

Grins*

No comments: