Friday, July 07, 2006

The Idea Factory

I don't know what the big deal is. Ideas? You can just go get them at The Idea Factory. Sure. Corner of "Yeah, I wish" and "What are YOU smoking?"

I'm often asked where I get my ideas from. As I'm sure many of you are. Bottom line: I'm a creative individual with an aptitude for writing. But isn't that just damn boring?

How about:
I'm a shareholder of The Idea Factory. I have a buy three get one free certificate.
I leave a couple of bucks under my pillow, and the Idea Fairy takes the dough and leaves me a thought or two.
I've had the creative part of my brain lobotomized. It sits on a jar on my desk. When I need an idea...I simply put a piece in my ear. Thus, a story is born. (I actually used this in a chat the other day. You could actually FEEL the silence through the screen. *snickering*)
I flip through my trusty dictionary and pick out an article, an adjective, and a noun. Pop them all together. And Presto!
I put every letter in the alphabet in the hat and start drawing them out until I make words.
I channel the spirit of Webster. Handy dude that he is.
The voices in my head guide me. They say it's better that I do what they want.

What are some of YOUR responses?
Grins*

6 comments:

Rene said...

Have you been sucking down the Jack Daniels tonight?
The brain lobotomy kind of creeps me out. ;)

Crystal* said...

Rene: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
No Jack Daniels. Really. Sorry about creeping you out. I think I was inspired by Stephen King. He says he has the heart of a small boy.
And it's in a jar on his desk. Sometimes these off-the-wall things just seem to creep out.
*snort* Sometimes. hehehe
Crystal*

Silma said...

Actually I just tell them that ideas fall on my lap. When they ask me if it's just like that, I say, "Yep. Just like lap. I sit before the computer and an idea will fall on my lap."

Anonymous said...

This is where "I'm sarcastic because it's fun" comes in, isn't it Crystal?

I tell people that Gabby likes to help even when I don't need help (she's a talker, hence the name). I usually get my ideas when I'm working on something completely different. Which is probably why nothing is finished yet.

And look at that. My word verification is uwxjjwab. When I saw it, my brain said "waxjob". Weird brain.

Crystal* said...

Silma: I didn't think I would ever say this, but I would need a bigger lap. Thank God I'm just mentally unstable. *grins*
Bryan: I'm thinking of having that embroidered on a pillow or a shirt. Maybe both. *big grin* And I have to laugh because the same thing happens to me when I have to type in those codes.
Nancy: That is HARD! Because when the ideas come...they all seem so doable and right and and and...
I would put the butt in chair hands on keyboard shorthand...but it reminds both of us of something else. *snickering*
Crystal*

Anonymous said...

I joined the Idea of the Month Club. ;)