Amy Knupp, http://amyknupp.com/blog/index.php, tagged me to list ten reading secrets. I’ll see if I can think of ten. By the way...check out this blog!
1. I love words. I devour them. They fascinate me. The look. The feel. It borders on word fetish. Hmmm. Maybe I should have listed this under my weird habits. *grins*
2. I read the Reader's Digest front to back. Every word.
3. If I'm in the bathroom, I will resort to reading the back of the aerosal can if there's no other literature.
4. I've read every one of the "Wizard of Oz" books in the series.
5. I don't ever read the ending first to any book.
6. I once read a collection of Edgar Allan Poe in sixth grade and couldn't sleep for two days.
7. The book is ALWAYS better than the movie. (I'm not retracting this one.)
8. There are times I mute the TV just so I have to read it.
9. I took a fourth grade SRA (reading assessment) in the first grade and missed one. I skipped second grade.
10. I still like reading my own stories. (But NOT after editing for a week or more straight. Then it becomes a wee bit tiresome. The interest renews itself after I have a small break.)
8 months ago