Monday, December 19, 2005

One of my "I Promise" lists

I promise to not educate my children with colorful words when some idiot pulls out in front of me, doesn't use his blinker, and tailgates.
I promise to have more patience with myself, my family, and everyone in general.
I promise to embrace what I have and to let go of the feelings of inadequacy when I don't.
I promise to do my best with my career and not be afraid to let myself be in the spotlight.
I promise to clean the house more. (When you start with where I'm starting...this is a safe bet.)
I promise to keep in touch with friends more.
I promise to take care of myself so I can better take care of others.
I promise to put the food down when I'm full.
I promise to not threaten my cat's life when he/she acts like a normal cat and drives me crazy.
I promise to let go of the envy. (To every space there is someone who needs to be there at that exact time.)
I promise to meditate. (I'm not promising the lotus position, but I'm giving it a try.)
I promise to blame others less and take responsibility more.
I promise to not bottle the anger, but to express it healthily. (Hmmmm. I'm thinking of taking up boxing or some other martial art. LMAO)
I promise to remind myself that we are equals in some ways and not in others. (Not everyone understands at the same rate or was raised the same way. Allowances can be made.)
I promise to not be so quick to judge. (Especially about the goober who is going 40 mph in a 65 mph zone.)
Grins*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ack, I'm pretty sure I couldn't keep all those promises. Especially that one about patience. *shudder*

BTW, I tagged you on my amyknupp.com journal. :) You asked for it! *evil grin*

B said...

Wow, that's a lot of heavy duty promises! Why don't you add one more to the list; promise to do the best with what you have and forget about the rest. I *promise* it'll save your sanity!
*g*

Beverly

Crystal* said...

Amy and Bev: Yes. The BIG promise. To do my best with it. I have simply pushed a LOT of stuff to the wayside this year. Now I'm rethinking what I can and cannot do. Progress? *grins* Hope so.

And Amy? ACK! I've been tagged! *looking at dart in heiney* Hmmmm. A tequila sedative. *laughing*

Crystal*