Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas Break

I used to love Christmas Break. *sigh*
Out of school. Days filled with laughing and playing. No studying. No homework. At home all day.
And now I think it's rather long. *grins* For exactly every reason I listed above. Because the chickens are HOME.
But that's really not that bad.
I am, however, having a small problem coming to grips with the fact that Sunday is Christmas. It truly seems unbelievable at this point in time.
Sure, the stores are piping in Christmas Carols. The kids have the wonderful countdown going on. Hell, it's even snowing here. But it just seems...improbable.
New Years will be here in two weeks. Then Valentine's. Then Spring Break. Easter. Memorial Day. I mean SHEESH!!!
I can remember on one hand the times I really slowed down to enjoy my days this last year. So that's something else I plan on working on.
A little more organization. A little more relaxation. And a vacation this year. I think we skipped it last year. I'm already scoping out a couple of areas.
And have I mentioned that I haven't even finished Christmas shopping yet? Oh yeah, *grins*, there's that.

The rest of the evening is spoken for. There will be a Christmas program. Singing and instrument playing. Kids and laughter. And I will love every minute of it.
Then I'll be making deals with God between now and Christmas Eve so I don't lose what's left of my sanity.

Have a good night.
Grins*

1 comment:

B said...

I haven't finished my shopping yet either, but shhhhh, don't tell, I've decided to stay in a perpetual state of denial about it. Hey it works for me!!

I hear ya about Christmas break; I think it gets longer every year!

Beverly