Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Secret Lives of Women

I've found an interesting new show, "Secret Lives of Women." It airs on WE (Women's Entertainment)
They have these informative little shows about: plastic surgery addicts (I'm watching it right now), transsexuals, shopping addicts, etc. And it is fascinating! Of course, I'm the type of person who looks in other people's medicine cabinets. People are so neat to learn about. I like to know what makes them tick. What they like. Why the like it.
The psychology of people stirs my interest.
I don't have to understand it. I simply have to accept their POV's and then see if I can see why they feel that way. The human condition is a vast and consuming puzzle. And I like puzzles. *grins*

And completely unrelated...I sent off my Fall Fires submission today. I sent it to a trusted friend who looked it over and came up with the most brilliant blurb. I rather suck at that, so I'm eternally grateful. She also liked the story, so I'm doubly indebted.
I helped out at school today with the clarinet players in the band. And I have to say that I enjoyed it. I'll admit to being a little nervous about dealing with some of the older students. No need. They were all very pleasant and seemed to take direction very well. Isn't that something?
The band director says she'll check and see when another time would be good for me to come in again and work with them.

You know, there are times when I look at other people's lives and think, "Gee. I don't know much about anything. I know a little bit about most things because I'm a sponge. But what can I use as my life experiences to enrich my writing?"
But that's ok. I've found that I have just enough for myself to write those books. Even though I'm not an expert on much of anything. And I had it in me today to help out at something that I was (once upon a time) pretty damn good at. Enjoyable. Very enjoyable.
Grins*

No comments: