Thursday, March 30, 2006

Insomnia: Inspiration or Sleep Deprivation?

I couldn't sleep last night. Which ran into this morning. I finally closed my eyes around 2:30 and probably slept a total of four hours (that would be a THIRD of what I need to function normally) before I had to make sure the chickens got on the school bus.
And as I lay my weary head back down on the pillow, relishing the blissful thoughts of unconsciousness, thoughts began to tumble through my head.
I ran through my literary playlist. And I started thinking about all the wonderful advice y'all gave me. I pulled my story ideas to the front of the line and picked through them. And one in particular snagged my attention.
And then another damn title.
And then a sequence of events in a new story. And a villain. And my characters. And, of course, I sit here hopped-up on Diet Pepsi and peanut butter M & M's. But I have the outline for a story that I'm excited about.
The story that I culled this idea from would also be fun to work on. And maybe I need to give the erotica a break for a bit. Because those are two that I have open now.
But this other notion...it's high concept. It has universal appeal. And if I could peddle it right, who knows?
That's my professional good news.

On the personal front...guess who's going out Friday night? *whistling*
And guess who also has to get up Saturday at 5:30 am and 7:00 am? Run around all day. Go grocery shopping. Shuffle children to and fro. Adopt another child for three hours. And then will proceed to die Sunday from sheer exhaustion?
*grinning* Yep! Me!
A friend and I are going to take a small break and simply get out of the house.
I see alcohol and dancing in my future. *snapping fingers* Hey! Maybe that's why my Muse decided to come back and visit. LMAO
Grins*

4 comments:

Tori Lennox said...

Alcohol and dancing? Fun!

Dawnyal said...

Sounds like a productived morning. Enjoy your night out and have one for me. :)

Eva Gale said...

Well??? How was your night out?????


And I just thought of a great idea too. Except mine was chianti induced. But peanut M&M's and Diet Pepsi sound good too!

Sortend said...

Looking for the ideal destination over the internet to buy sleep aid pills is not an easy task as some of the websites, pharmacies or drug stores selling sleep aids are proved to be fake stores selling counterfeit sleep aid pills. Therefore, you should be careful while looking for an online store to purchase sleep aid pills and in this regard, it is noteworthy that http://www.sleep-aid-pills.com is a reliable online destination that directs customers to reputed online pharmacies selling genuine sleeping pills.