Friday, May 08, 2009

A Librarian's Prayer

Please God,

Grant me the patience to deal with customers who forget their cards
Help me to bite my tongue when I'm polite and the customer is anything but
Make me realize that getting a small person his/ her first card is far more important than having to handwrite sixty barcodes
And know that the sound of children laughing may sound like rabid hyenas after eight hours, but it's all perspective
Help me to remember to sanitize my hands approximately every thirty seconds because I don't want to know where some library cards or books have been
Give me the strength to remember I'm at work and not to take it personally
But most of all, God grant my director the wisdom to see that I need a raise to afford all the liquor I'll need this summer.
Amen
Grins*

No comments: