Wednesday, February 18, 2009

37 Today

Hello all!

I turned 37 this morning. 8:02 am to be exact. *grins*
What a difference a decade makes. LOL
Ten years ago I turned 27. My thoughts centered around entirely different sets of problems.
For example:
A decade ago I was worried about how chickies would do for a full day in school. Now I'm worried that even when they go to school, are they going to stay?
A decade ago I was worried about my girls' friends lying. Now I'm worried about them being pissed off and bringing a gun to school.
A decade ago I worried about finding a ponytail holder to pull my hair up in. Now I'm worried about arranging my hair so the gray doesn't show.
A decade ago my Mom bought me sexy lingerie for my birthday. This year she bought me a 6 qt crock pot, and I'm just as thrilled.
A decade ago I looked forward to thirty (which, quite frankly, was a year that totally rocked for me.) Now I'm looking forward to forty.
But on the plus side...I laugh more. I think more. I dream more. I live more. So another year?
Eh. It's only a set of days. It's the set of memories that I have that more than make up for some number that doesn't even begin to tell the story of my life.
Grins*

2 comments:

Tori Lennox said...

Happy birthday a day late!!!

Rene said...

A decade ago my Mom bought me sexy lingerie for my birthday. This year she bought me a 6 qt crock pot, and I'm just as thrilled.

Too funny! I totally understand that one!

Happy belated birthday, hope it was a good one!