Friday, May 16, 2008

8th Grade Promotion


Yesterday was busy!!!
Got off work at noon and started the running around. Zipped to Cato's and bought a new shirt. Then Dollar Tree to pick up some decorations. Then Wal-Mart. Zipped home. Took a shower. Picked up the chickens. Raced back to town. Had Oldest Chicken's hair straightened.

It took an hour.


Her hair is so thick and curly that I honestly was climbing the walls because we didn't get out of there until five. STILL had to go to Wal-Mart for her clothes. THEN drive 25 minutes home.

o

m

g


So we hurry out of the hair place and to Wal-Mart. Probably the fastest shopping trip for me in awhile. THEN we got behind this freaking lady who had NO idea what the hell she was doing in the self-checkout. I was soooooooooooo not thinking charitable thoughts.

By this time, it's about twenty til six, and I still have a long drive. And OC was supposed to be there by 6:15. AND...we had to go by the house first and collect her gown and the rest of the family.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So I'm driving down I-40.

Okay...I'm driving like a bat out of hell down I-40. Made it home in record time. Slammed the sodas in the fridge. Grabbed my camera. Shuffled off to school.

sheesh

It was SUCH a wonderful graduation!!! Oldest Chicken looked so good. And yeah, I gotta admit, there may have been a few tears when they called her name. *smile*

Then we went home and took so many pictures that OC said that there were dots everywhere.

lmao

Yeah, I got carried away.

*grins*

So I've got a fridge full of KFC. Freezer full of ice-cream. And a chicken headed off to high school.

Isn't it great???
Grins*

3 comments:

Mr. Me said...

Everyone in the family really enjoyed the picture!!!

Tell Caitlin we said congratulations!!!

michellewillingham said...

Congratulations!!! Isn't it great being a proud Mama?

Rene said...

How great is that? What a crazy day! Congratulations!