Saturday, October 04, 2008

Oldest Chicken thinks I'm crazy

BC had three friends over last night after school to partake of cake and act like crazy women. SIX teenage girls at my house yesterday.
The cats were smart. They got the hell out of Dodge.
Me? I wrote 3000 words on SWTWC. Woo!
That worked out to around six or seven pages. Then I had a short scene that I needed to write.

I decided to ask OC to give it a gander and see what she thought. Keep in mind...NO ONE reads my mss before they're done. Not because I'm some control freak who can't let anyone see unfinished work. Nope. No one wants to read them. So I simply work on them until they're done. Edit. Edit some more. Submit. That simple.
But I just had the URGE for someone else to read what I wrote. OC agreed.
There were a couple of iffy parts. LMAO
I forget that there were references to sex in one part of a dialogue.
So OC finishes, and I ask her...what did you think of B, the hero? I personally think he's a bit of an ass. And told her that I didn't think he would be like that.
OC looks at me and says...well, that's a bit freaky. Don't you KNOW what he's like?
*shrug*
Not really. Parts of him, of course. Others? Nope. A mystery to you and me both.
So it bothered me. I'm nothing, if not a dweller.
And on the way to work this morning (yeah, I had to work on Saturday. Doesn't that just blow?), I realized that he's a bit like one of my favorite movie characters.
Ah. Gotcha.
And suddenly I see the light at the end of the tunnel and note the direction said character will take.
*grins*
Makes me happy.
For now.
Grins*

1 comment:

Tori Lennox said...

I don't think it's at all weird to not know what a character is like. Mine are always surprising me. Like my current hero turning out to be a Fed. Could have knocked me over with a feather. But now I realize it's a really good job for him.