Friday, January 11, 2008

Are you kidding me???

Yesterday, work was fine. I was an overachiever, actually. Did my job plus several other extras.
Fine and dandy.

When I arrived at work this morning, the computer network was down. That, my friends, was the beginning of the end.
Of my sanity.

We were also short a worker. So the two people in my department (my boss and I) were it. Me=highly displeased.
And she had two meetings today.
One in the morning. One this afternoon.
Me=slightly homicidal.

Boss called in a sub (Thank the Lord!!!). And that lightened the load a bit. But it simply seemed to be one hideous thing after another this morning.
K and I looked at each other and were like...hmmm...time to shut the doors and find a cocktail with our name on it.
The good news?
That'll happen after work today.
A bunch of us are going to go to a local pub and celebrate a couple of birthdays and my Romantic Times nomination. (I like to squeeze that in whenever I can. The cocktail AND the mention of my nomination. *grins*)

So. I'm biding my time. Watching the clock. And waiting to start my weekend.
Because, dear Lord, it HAS to get better.

Grins*

2 comments:

Tori Lennox said...

Oh, man, I hate days like that! So I'll overlook your laughing at me on my blog. *g*

Crystal* said...

That's big of you, woman. LOL
Have a great weekend!
Crystal*