Monday, July 16, 2007

A bit o' the Brit

Took the chickens and watched Harry Potter Sunday. I'd say it was the best movie yet. It stuck to the book, the true story. A lot of people like book 3 better. Followed by book 4. But those struck me (and pardon me for mixing the metaphors here) as books with ill-fitting dresses or trousers, if you prefer.


They didn't gel for me. And I didn't like the creative license that movie 3 took with book 3. It had a lot more special effects, true. But the scenery didn't mesh with what I had taken inside me from the reading.


So I'll take Order of the Phoenix and look for Half-Blood Prince to meet my expectations because the same people will be working on it.
After the movie, and a bit of shopping, we went home. Oldest chicken didn't feel well. Baby chicken went over to a friend's. So I popped in Season 2 of Dr. Who. Middle chicken and I enjoyed ourselves immensely.


Now, for those of you who have read this blog for awhile...I think Dr. Who is the perfect man. Because he's so damn imperfect. And for a bit of a dip in the Harry Potter pool...Dr. Who is played by David Tennant.


Seen here:













Also known as Barty Crouch Jr. or Bad Guy of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. And in one of the episodes I watched yesterday from last season...the man that played Barty Crouch Sr. was the bad guy. LOVE IT!

So I wrapped myself in the Brits yesterday and enjoyed every minute of it. I really must go and visit.
Grins*

1 comment:

Tori Lennox said...

Too funny!

Just to torment you *g* there were many Harry Potter comments and jokes in this past week's Doctor Who. I was cracking up!