Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Grizzly Adams...eat your heart out

I went out on the porch earlier to smoke a cigarette (yes. I know. Awful habit. And one I only recently picked up. Don't worry. Still have time to save myself). Anyway...I sit down on the porch steps and am studying the sky.

The cats are hissing and spazzing. (You know...the two knocked-up strays) And I thought...Good God! Give me a break! Why are you two fighting? So I turned around on the porch and there it was!

A racoon. A very fluffy racoon. Eating the food we'd put out for the cats. So I immediately jump up...because all I see is a bunch of fur. And it takes off. So I scoot up closer to the door, and it comes back. I open the screen and tell the girls there's a racoon in the yard. And the next thing you know...three little faces pressed up to the glass watching little Miss Thing eat. And she's cute. (Well. I don't know if it was a "she" or not. But it was pretty bold. And fluffy. And didn't seem to care too much if she had an audience.)
So I tell the girls never to get too close. Issue all the parental warnings. And we just watch her.
She's just so damn cute. And then she heard something and sat up like a Meerkat. Can I get a collective "Awwwwwwwwwwwww"?
Yeah. I thought so.
So there ya have it.
If they coyotes aren't howling...the wolves aren't baying...and a racoon isn't eating four feet away from you...you just ain't living.
Grins*

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

We have so much in common. Have you been to your doctor yet and had them say, so, you're HOW old and you just STARTED smoking? Ummm, divorce??

Lyvvie said...

AHHH Rabies! Rabies!!

Lived in the US for 22 years never once saw a raccoon. Saw plenty of butt ugly opossums but not one cute, fluffy raccoon.

Hah - think you aren't addicted? Try and quit. I dare you!

So were you nekkid this time too?