Monday, April 06, 2009

The good, the bad, and the weekend

I scoped out the seven day forecast for this last weekend because I seriously wanted to get out of the house. lmao
So Saturday, around noon, we rolled out and stopped by Wal-Mart to pick up a cooler and munchies. Drove down to Sulphur for the day. It was beautiful!!!
But before the beauty came the aggravation. Would anyone care to guess which child almost made me seek out a nitro pill?
Anyone?
Anyone?
Yeah. That would be Middle Chicken.
I just bought a new SD disk for my camera. And a bunch of new batteries. I love spring and couldn't wait to take pictures and whatnot.
So I look for my camera Saturday morning. I ask Oldest Chicken where it's at. She looks at me and says, "Where do you think it's at?"
So I zip down the hallway and knock on MC's door. I ask where my camera's at. She hands it to me. And...I remind her...the case.
I receive both.
I turn the camera on and what do you know? Low battery. I promptly remove the disk and plug it into my laptop.
And the blood pressure rises. Not just a little bit.
I took 11 pictures. ELEVEN PICTURES. She took 179. Of her face.
O
M
G
I came unglued. Seriously unhinged. And after I explained how incredibly rude that was, she looked at me and said...you can delete them.
(cue nitro pill)
And I tried to delete them. And I COULDN'T! So I tossed the disk at her and went and bought another one.
What a heifer.
Some pictures are on my MySpace. It was a glorious day!!!
Grins*

2 comments:

Rene said...

OMG, my kids do that all the time. Gets me so mad!!

My old camera was starting to go out so when I got a new one I gave them the old one. Of course now it works fine but it was worth it to get them away from my camera.

Lyvvie said...

Are you sure the wee tab-lock on the disc wasn't down? I've accidentally knocked it before and got frustrated thinking the thing was broken.