Monday, March 21, 2016

Do what you want

Permissive, aren't I?
heh

I sometimes wax philosophical.  This last weekend, quick though it was, seemed to be a stellar time for this.
And it came to me Saturday evening...what if everyone did what they wanted???
I'm speaking occupationally right now.
What if all people who wanted to be teachers were teachers?  And doctors were doctors?  And artists were artists?
What would that look like?
I firmly believe that we wouldn't have 50% in the medical field while only 10% in the teaching profession.  I honestly think it would all even out.
Because how many people out there are NOT where they want to be?  Working that 40+ work week with minimum wage but maximum stress?
Maybe you'd like to be an artist but went to nursing school.  Maybe you're a teacher but would like to be a lawyer.  Maybe you're a carpenter but would like to study ballet.

I think it would be beautiful.

What's that saying?  Love what you do, and you won't work a day in your life.  I'm paraphrasing and too lazy to look it up right now.  It's past four o'clock on a Monday afternoon.  I'm lucky my eyelids are not at half-mast.

But could you IMAGINE???

I'm not speaking of some dystopian clusterfuck like Divergent.  I'm not about the pigeonhole or anything of the like.
I'm speaking of true aptitude and need for spirit to find its niche.

It would be beautiful.
I simply know it.
*******


No comments: