Saturday, March 22, 2008

Glass half-full

This is the way I usually see the world. I don't don the rose-colored glasses, but I prefer to be optimistic.
Sometimes that's rather hard.

I find that I cannot be around those who are constantly pessimistic (or in the case of a co-worker), constantly complaining.
It irritates me.
It also taints my mood. And I don't like it. Don't darken my day with trivial matters. And if it's that bad, I'll lend an ear or a hand. Whichever is suitable.

So life occasionally sucks. So damn what? It's not on a downward spiral constantly. You have to make the choice to realize that some things are out of your control. But the ones IN your control can be changed.
So quit griping.
For the love of God.
Crystal*

1 comment:

Lyvvie said...

Those people are a frustration. Black Holes of Doom (BHOD) I call them. Best way to make them go away is flash the light of "Happy-Joy ain't life sweet?!" at them until they run back into the cracks of the wall. The white light of bliss will beam from your smile and crush the dowdy troll where she grumbles.

Be that annoying happy person everyone envies but doesn't want to drink with. Or, at least find the balance being blissfully alone and occasional night out fun with the girls.