Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ahead of my time

I was browsing the News stories yesterday and found a couple that hit close to home for me.

One of the articles talked about the world of Virtual Reality and medical uses. Apologies for the url's being a tad long.
Read this: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/sciencelifestylejapantechnologyhealthinternet;_ylt=Att5vUt5XyjpsBIvXqaEgHvq188F

Now. The interesting part being that I wrote Virtually Yours about three years ago, and it talks about love in the world of Virtual Reality. And how my test subject, heroine, is in the case study because they need to know the effects for medical purposes.

Then I found this: http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/forecastsexandmarriagewithrobotsby2050;_ylt=Aju5AfxDeB9Ust4MBG9IL3rq188F

It talks about how scientists predict by the year 2050 that people will be having sex with and marrying robots.
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Anyway. This brings to mind my November release, Programmed for Pleasure. Where my heroine becomes hooked up with The Ultimate Sex Toy. And she wonders to herself if this is where the fate of mankind is going. Sex with circuits.

I simply found it interesting that my fiction is another person's reality.
What do you think?
Grins*

2 comments:

Rene said...

Oh, I think men will go for it. I wouldn't mind if I could get it to clean the bathroom and wash the dishes.

Lyvvie said...

Have you never seen the movie Cherry 2000?? I was talking about it just yesterday. Thanks for the link, it played well into my post. although without the Ew factor! Did you never have thoughts about Data from Star Trek NG when you found out he was "fully functional"?