Sunday, November 19, 2006

Cluster Theory

When I was five, I didn't have much of a personality. Life was filled with naps, fingerpainting, and learning the alphabet. I do remember a big ta-do with my kindergarten teacher because I WOULD NOT drink chocolate milk. Thus, I dug in my heels and that was that. Mom had to come down and back me up, of course. I was, after all, just five. *grins*

When I was twelve, we moved to another school district. I had to start all over with making friends and trying to fit in. I certainly felt like I didn't. And one of my best friends was also from another school, so all was well.

Junior high was hell. Period.

In high school, I was into band. And various other activities I won't share here. LMAO
I hung around with a group of girls that were as different as different could be. What brought us together? I certainly couldn't tell you. Perhaps a wicked sense of humor. An overwhelming urge to stand on our own two feet. Loyalty.
But academically? Socially? Nope. None of the above. Family lives? Negatory. But there was SOMETHING.

I'm an adult now. On most days. *wink*
And who is in my little cluster? People who love books. I am blessed both personally and professionally to surround myself with people who love what I do. How amazing is that?
I've got around 140 friends on the MySpace page. And all but about five are readers/writers/publishers. My exceptions would be UFC men (GO TIM SYLVIA!!!) and a couple of people I work with or graduated with.

So the Cluster Theory in a nutshell? It's the inner circle. The ones we let into our lives when we have the chance to pick. We cluster up together and link arms to face the world. The support system that won't ever let you down.

(Loving, wonderful thoughts go out to Betsy. I love ya, woman! You'll be just fine. And if you need to talk about ANYTHING, I'll always be here for you.
Hugs*)

Grins*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Somehow, I just never pictured you as a UFC kinda girl. *g*