Friday, September 08, 2006

I just watched an animated frog wipe his butt

Commercials nowadays. *eye twitch*
Remember back in the day when a parent told you to go to the bathroom and wash your hands? And there were no "special" pieces of toilet paper or hand soap? You simply took your butt in the bathroom and did your business?
Remember that?
Now we have little animal animations that tell our children (not mine, thank God), to buy these special toiletries that will soon amount to that of their college fund. I. Jest. Not.

I'm also displeased with the tampon packages that change continually. (Maybe a little more info than some need. That's why it's called My World, people.)
Anyway. They've changed a brand of boxes to have flowers all over it. And the slogan? Pretty much---Buy these! Everyone woman deserves flowers once a month.---Can you believe that sh*t? I'll tell you what I deserve. A pound of chocolate with nuts and a world that caters to me for a week. *grins*

Or the orange juice commercial that uses the phrase..."simply unfooled around with." This irks me to NO end. "Unfooled around with"? What the holy hell? The phrase is butchering the English language.

And Carl's Jr.? Can they put any more crap on their burgers? Eat one, and you're screwed with the calories for a WEEK! There is literally everything between the buns BUT the kitchen sink.

And some of my *wince* favorites? The ones on Spike Tv. I could really do without watching some scantily clad chickie put her lips against a Xience (sports drink) can like she's about to show it a good time. Or the inane voiceovers for the television advertisements. "Real men scratch their asses and don't pay any attention to vegetables." (Okay. I made this up. But I'm basing it on a REAL commerical.)

Good commercials?
They're out there. The ones that make me laugh, cry, or do a double take. Those are well worth it. The rest?
Not so much.
Grins*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, there are SO many offensive commercials out there. I don't know where to start! You hit on some of them, though.

Rene said...

I WILL NOT got to Carl's Jr. just because of the commercials. They make me queasy. I generally tivo everything so I can run through the commercials.

Crystal Jordan said...

Commercials *twitch* they are brainwashing the youth of America. Is it bad that I mute the TV and go wander around my house while they're on?

Anonymous said...

My Husband think Johnson&Johnson are perverts because of the obvious butt fetish - Mommies kissing baby butt and lotioned up bottoms and bottoms bottoms bottoms.

Pound of chocolate and some catering service: YESYESYES!! Make it so.

So, I'm guessing it's the toddler toilet paper ad with the frog, except you aren't allowed to flush those, nope, they clog up sewer works and cause swereage backups. Why did they even bother to make them???