Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Middle Chicken's Perspective

I remember when we decided to move out into the country. Most of us were excited. Not Middle Chicken.
We arrive at the house and everyone scatters to explore. MC makes a circuit. She starts in the kitchen. Loops through all the bedrooms. This happens about seven times. Finally I stop her.
"What's wrong?"
MC: "Where's the phone?"
"There is no phone."
"WHAT? How am I supposed to call my friends???"
Needless to say, she was disgusted with the whole idea.
Fast forward a bit.
We were watching Dateline NBC or 20/20 or hell...ONE of those news shows. And they were talking about Amish kids.
MC and BC don't have a clue about the Amish. So I proceed to let them know that it's a very old-fashioned existence. They don't have electricity. They don't have music players. They ride in buggies.
MC looks at me very plainly disturbed and says, "Yeah. And they're DYING inside."
I had to laugh.
Must've sounded like the third level of hell to her.
She's always popping off something very clever and snarky. I'll take credit for some of that. But every once in awhile, she'll say something so hilarious, I fear that I will wet my pants.
Case in point: MC and BC were in the living room talking. Just chit-chatting. NOT fighting, thank God. Because that's the norm.
And out of the blue, MC looks at BC and says, "Your hair looks like the Mayor of Whoville."
O
M
G
This STILL cracks me up.
Never a dull moment, let me tell ya.
Grins*

3 comments:

Tori Lennox said...

"Your hair looks like the Mayor of Whoville."

ROFL!!!!!!!! That is priceless!!!

Mr. Me said...

If I had said something like that to my sister her eyes would have welled up, she would cry, tell daddy, then hit me.

Chrysty Maloga said...

whats up im the 'middle chicken'. but im not really a chicken.im a queen.and i own most of canada and parts of london.so ha mom.
also...bc does seriously look like the mayor of whoville sometimes.if u knew her then you would agree.
um,i have a brainfreeze so i am going to go bang my head up against the air.
byee!!

mc (oh yeah i ROKK!)