Saturday, February 23, 2008

Choice, not chance, determines destiny

I pass this lovely piece of wisdom on a church sign everyday to and from work. And every time, I reflect on what it means. I accept it. Hell, I embrace it.
Gone are the days when someone can shrug their shoulders, mumble "my bad", and that's the end of it.
It's called "accountability." Can you say that? Suuuuuuuuuuure you can.
If you make a choice, own it. Let go of the whole "world is out to get me" scenario and embrace the fact that you have a choice. FREE WILL.
I love free will. *grins*

Things can happen to you. Sure. And they will. But what you do with it is up to you. It's easy to wander around and pretty much let the world bend you over. But it takes intelligence and a backbone to make decisions and stick with them.
So make the choice. Own the decision. And watch your destiny unfold.
Grins*

No comments: