Tuesday, May 04, 2010

THIS is my reality

I don't much care for Reality TV shows. I know a lot of people do. (Hopefully forestalling the Hate Mail here)
I DO watch Survivor because the honey does. I watched Big Brother one season. *laughing* Apparently where the winner has now taken his earnings and tried to turn himself into a drug kingpin. How fantastic is that? I clearly remember him stating that some money would go to help others. I didn't know he meant nose candy.
I watched the Amazing Race one season. I can't remember who won.
Reality TV is just not for me. And I'll tell you why.
I like spontaneous as much as the next person. And there's a lot of spontaneity (unscripted) business going on with RTV. But what I really enjoy are getting to know the characters. The familiarity with quirks and opinions.
There are some TV characters I'd love to sit down and chit-chat with. Dr. Who, obviously. *grins* Hawkeye Pierce. Mr. Roarke. lmao
Don't judge me. :)~~
These characters mean something to me. They kept me company and shared their fictional little lives with me. They opened my eyes to different emotions and ideologies. They symbolize so much more than just a two-dimensional character reading lines and going through the motions.
RTV characters? Eh.
I don't need the drama. Seriously, I have enough of my own. I don't need the conflict or background of their muddled-up lives. Tales of plastic surgery and divorce. It squicks me out, quite frankly.
Rarely do you see the sunshiney side of RTV. The high ratings comes from conflict, and I just can't get on board with that.
Really.
Grins*

3 comments:

Tori Lennox said...

*applause* Well said!!!

Kimber said...

I have to admit that I'm addicted to a few reality TV shows such as Kell On Earth...but only because it is about my girl crush Kelly Cutrone:)

Kat Groenbeck said...

i feel a little responsible for your watching Big Brother...sorry bout that one..