Tuesday, February 02, 2016

On the hunt

I remember beginning my writing career hellbent on finishing my first story and then wanting so badly to have it somewhere, anywhere, readers could enjoy it.
I'm a bit older and wiser now.  I've actually finished two of a five-book series and am about twenty percent through the third.  And only now have I polished the pieces to begin searching for an agent.
Some of it stems from my home burning to the ground after I committed to a four-book series with time commitments and having my life fall apart.  The other?  I'm giving myself breathing room, and I love it.
There are people I come across that have asked me over the span of these past couple years about my writing.  I tell them, quite honestly, that I need to finish at least the first two of the five before I'll even begin searching for the proper agent.  I also have an Erotic Paranormal and a work of Philosophical fiction on my plate.  Both are started with around ten thousand words each.
It's not like I've been twiddling my thumbs.  But after having books come out sometimes twice a year, I've decided to concentrate more on several projects.
I'd go mad if I couldn't write.
Hell, my family would have me committed, I'm quite sure.
heh

So I'm on the hunt for that perfect fit that I'm sure I'll find.
Because not only am I a writing fool, I'm an optimistic fiend.
Grins*

No comments: