Monday, July 04, 2011

Can you hear me now?

Sometimes I forget how far-reaching this blog is. How someone from another country can tap in a few words and find me.
It is...incredible.
*waving*

What do I have to say for myself? Way too much. lol
Work is a bitch right now. It's the busiest time of the year plus we're training on a database changeover. Imagine a buttload of women working their collective asses off while serving the public, training in their supposed "off-desk" time, and not killing each other. Weaker sex, my ass.
Personally there is a major transition with three teenage daughters trying to spread their wings while I'm trying not to let those wings knock me in the head nor clip them so short they are unable to fly.
I'm stretched thin. I know this.
I'm also writing the first book in a five-book series. Well, I'm SUPPOSED to be. Find me some quiet time, and I'll be yours forever. *grins* I'm also going to be starting a HUGE venture at the beginning of the year.
And did I mention that I have a book out now that I'm trying to pimp out??? Prepping for my oldest daughter's Senior year? Taking my middle daughter to Driver's Ed? Acclimating a beautiful kitten to the house? Retaining my sanity???
Well, something had to give. You guessed it. It would be the last one. :)
It's July. The month of summer vacations and relaxation and parties and whatnot. But it's also the month of driver's ed, work, writing, and shuffling children hither, thither, and yon.
So I tell myself to breathe. To enjoy the hectic, almost frantic, pace I have going on now in preparation of a time in the not-so-distant future when my children are on their own and, God willing, semi self-sufficient.
The irony???
I live for my girls and the writing. I would rather be busy than twiddling my thumbs and wondering what's happening next. By God, I will MAKE something happen. lmao
So give me the balls-to-the-wall mentality. Give me the self-imposed deadlines and schedules for three active daughters.
I can take it. Hell, most days I revel in it.
Because there is no feeling quite like accomplishment.
I can do it. I WILL do it.
(but I'm really looking forward to my vacation in October-hahaha)
Grins*



1 comment:

Sarah Bale said...

Cant wait to read the new books! :)