Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Revolving Door Relationships

I don't get it.
But I guess my girls' generation is a hell of a lot different than ours. It seems to be the "Revolving Door Relationship" Mode.
I found out Oldest Chicken "loved" someone via her MySpace. (She's at Upward Bound, folks. Living in a dorm. All week. Don't judge. lmao) I'm like...who the HELL are you talking about? Then she told me. And approximately two minutes ago, I received a text that said they broke up.
WTF?

Then there is a teenage girl I know who can give new meaning to the term "hit it and quit it."
And that's sad. Ya know?

What is WRONG with having a serious and stable relationship? Nothing, I would think. And I realize the chickies are relatively young. But if you can't find the value in one of these relationships, then how the hell will you find it when it really means something? HMMM???

I think it's tragic. I think it's quite fucked up, actually. Love yourself. Then open yourself up to someone else. Not another someone else. Then someone after that. And his/her friend. So on and so forth.

And if you DON'T click...then by GOD--don't get with them in the first place. You've devalued yourself, them, and the whole shebang.

A revolving door just spins around and goes nowhere. You have to learn when to get off. And if it's not going where you want it to go, then don't get on the damn thing to begin with.

Grins*

2 comments:

Rene said...

I was never interested in relationships. In high school I was so busy carrying a torch for David Bowie, all of Duran Duran, Adam Ant, Mel Gibson and Tom Selleck I never noticed boys my age. Didn't get much better when I grew up. The first relationship I got into which meant anything was also my last. We will be celebrating our 15th anniversary this year.

I really wish girls would realize how unimportant these boys are. They need to understand themselves before they try to fit into a couple.

Always question the status quo said...

You hit the nail on the head I must say! Very much along the lines that I have been thinking lately when I look around me, and at the way the kids think these days. These days... listen to me, I sound like my grandma, and I am beginning to think that isn't a bad thing!