Monday, August 09, 2010

J.D. Roberts?

I love Nora Roberts' romances, and I love J.D. Robb's detective series. I am not, however, fond of Nora's crossover attempts by throwing murder and mayhem up in the middle of her romances ala J.D. Robb.
I enjoyed the splashes of paranormal in her romances because I consider that to be a subgenre of romance. But mixing up the mystery with my romance? If I wanted that, I'd pick up something else.
And I'll be honest with you. There are times I completely dismiss the mystery part of the In Death series for the scenes of romance and whatnot between Roarke and Eve. Rawr!!!
So what has prompted this? Why the need to muddy up the waters, so to speak?
I honestly don't know.
I do know that instead of Nora Roberts being one of my very few auto-buys that I have to actually read the premise before I take the time to crack the cover.
Nora Roberts=fantastic
J.D. Robb=superb
J.D. Roberts=not so much
Grins*

1 comment:

Tori Lennox said...

LOL! I'm just the opposite. I frequently skip the romance/sex scenes in the J. D. Robb books. *g*